Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Listening to life stories


I didn't have a specific story or encounter with a senior citizen during our visits to the senior homes. However, I have noticed that when talking to different seniors I felt like I was reading a different book each time. Books filled with adventures, love stories, challenges that were overcome, and reflections on life. Each person had their own stories and wisdom. One senior citizen said she did not like listening to Hound Dog by Elvis Presley. You see, her husband was from Memphis, Tennessee, and she and her husband were about to buy a beautiful house property. However, Elvis Presley beat them to it! Another women talked about the love of her life, her husband, who she had been married to for 25+ years. She told me that the secret to a long, happy marriage is that (1) You have to be crazy in love with the person and (2) You have to be open-minded and not one-sided thinking. I love listening to their stories and I love hearing their wisdom. They have lived life and I am hoping that I learn from them and apply such knowledge to my life.

-Crystal E.


No comments:

Post a Comment